Explore Tamworth & The Greater New England Region!
Many people know Tamworth as home to one of the worlds greatest annual country music events, however, there is so much more to this city and the greater New England region on the whole.
From breath-taking hikes, waterfalls and national parks through to golf, horse-riding, shopping and world-class dining, there is something here to suit everyone!
Ivanhoe Park Homestead is perfectly located for you to access the best this beautiful region has to offer. Check out some of our favourite activities below
While in Tamworth
- Play a round of golf. The Tamworth course is well regarded by locals and visitors alike.
- Stroll down leafy Peel Street, stopping for coffee, lunch or browse through the wide range of specialty shops.
- Enjoy one of the local wine bars (The Press, Court House and the Welder’s Dog) or a beer at True Brew.
- Book a table at one of the local restaurants. Many casual or a la carte options are available. The Glasshouse restaurant is 5 minutes south and Carmen’s Italian Restaurant only 5 minutes north of The Homestead.
- Book a horse riding adventure at one of the local riding schools or properties.’
- Visit AELEC (The Australian Equine & Livestock Events Centre). Most weekends popular horse events are held in this iconic architecturally designed centre on the southern edge of Tamworth. Show jumping, cutting, camp drafting, breed shows and the annual Harcourt Nutrien Classic Horse Sale in early February.
Discover the Local Area
- Enjoy the drive to Nundle, passing Chaffey Dam and many sheep and cattle properties along the way. This historic town is only 40 minutes away. See the wool mill in operation and their beautiful range of woollen garments on sale. The antique shop, old gold mine and boutique kitchenware shop are always popular. Experience lunch at the hotel which was part of an old movie scene.
- Armidale is just over an hour away and boasts many beautiful old churches, Armidale University, parks and historic homes. The lovely town of Uralla is a great place to stop for coffee on your trip to Armidale. Wander through the local boutiques and antique store.
- Dobsons Distillery at Kentucky, 13km from Uralla, produces a wide range of spirits, beers and offers meals at their restaurant ‘Pinot’.
- Willow Tree is 45 minutes south. Well known for the highly regarded ‘Graze’ restaurant, homeware gift shops.
- The small town of Manilla which is 40 minutes north of Tamworth is worth the drive, if only for the tour through the countryside. The town has a wonderful feel of bygone days and coffee shops and casual dining options.